This article was written by Darlene Antonelli, MA. Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field. She earned an MA in Writing from Rowan University in 2012 and wrote her thesis on online communities and the personalities curated in such communities.
This article has been viewed 72,423 times.
You can create a free Kahoot account and play a free Kahoot game. You can use this game at family reunions to catch up on what everyone is doing or business meetings to test if your colleagues have been paying attention. This wikiHow will show you how to create a free Kahoot game in your web browser.
1Go to https://create.kahoot.it/login. You can use any browser, from a computer or mobile tablet or phone, to access this site.
- If you're under 13 (US) or 16 (outside the US), you'll need to create a child account to protect your privacy, as a regular account has the chance of being deleted by Kahoot since more information is collected. X Research source
2Log in. You can use your Google account or Microsoft account to log in as well as a specific Kahoot login.
- If you don't have an account, you can sign up on this page by clicking Not got an account? You'll need to select why you're using Kahoot to proceed to create a free Kahoot account.
3Click . You'll see this on the right side of the page next to "Upgrade Now."
- If you just created an account, you might see a box in the middle of the web page that links you to Create Kahoot.
4Click to choose a template or create a new game from scratch. If you choose a template, you'll have a pre-filled out game available to tweak.
- If you chose to create a new game, you'll start from a blank form.
- Click Settings to change the Kahoot's title, description, cover image, language, and save-to location.
5Click and choose a question type. This will add a new tile to the Kahoot, either a quiz, poll, true/false, puzzle, word cloud, or slide.
- If the tile has an icon of an orange crown in the top right corner, you'll have to pay to upgrade your subscription to use it.
- To add question text, type in the "Click to start typing your question" field. Then add possible answers in the fields below the image area and click to select the correct answer. You can add an image to the image field by clicking Image Library, Upload Image, or YouTube link.
- Click the number to the left of the question to change how long people have to answer this question. The default is 20 seconds.
6Click . You'll see this in the upper right corner of the page. Click this when you're done creating your Kahoot and want to return to your dashboard.
- A window pops-up so you can test your game or share it with others. When you share a Kahoot with others, they need to have a Kahoot account as well.
- If you intend on using a Kahoot! game for commercial reasons, you must purchase a paid subscription plan.
About This Article
1. Go to https://create.kahoot.it/login.
2. Log in.
3. Click Create.
4. Click to choose a template or create a new game from scratch.
5. Click Add question.
6. Click Done.